Know the Reasons Why Quartz is More Eco friendly than Granite Countertops
Today, Quartz is becoming more popularly used material for designing cooking area worktops for its added features compared to any other natural stone substance.
Why quartz is highly favoured compare to other stone, the granite?
- Attractive appearance. As it is available in varied colours unlike natural stone, it blends easily with the décor of your home. The polished stone appears lustrous and its shiny surface lasts for long years.
- Quite durable. It doesn’t get chipped or cracked easily. Breaking is one of the weak features of granite, whereas quartz doesn’t break as it is composed of more than ninety percent of silicon dioxide and rest consists of resin and pigments.
- Differs from other natural stones in consistent colour and pattern. Thus, you don’t need to worry while purchasing that you have to select the required quantity of stones from the same lot as you have to do while selecting granite.
- They are water resistant. Hence, the installer doesn’t need to seal it in every way like in the granite. Moreover, as water doesn’t get absorbed in the corners, moulds and bacteria don’t multiply, thus your kitchen counter remains allergen free.
- The stone is even known to be stain resistant. As it doesn’t react easily with any acidic components.
Before thinking of installing quartz countertops make sure that you have consulted skilled installers of countertops, visited multiple of showrooms and researched well gaining the whole info about the right quarts stone required to enhance the elegance of your kitchen décor.